Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm off to the Irish Festival in Dublin, OH

These are the items that I am taking to the Irish Festival in Dublin, OH; August 1-3.

I call this a "Celtic War Knot". The Celts would throw this (2lbs) at the enemy while shouting "Try to find the end" - it sounds more threatening in Galic. Any enemy not struck and killed would immediately sit down to try to figure it out. They would become confused by the shape and could then easily be overcome. (OK, I made this up...)


A "Forest of Life"? - several different "Tree of Life" reliefs with a Green Man (on top not completed), a Celtic Knot and a couple of Shamrocks.


I noticed that the first 4 "Tree of Life" reliefs were a little dramatic (is this the sign of a hard life?) so I made the top one much simpler just in case someone actually did have an easy life.

I'll be at the same stone carving booth as pictured below during ComFest.

No comments: